Welcome to the Austinites For Zimmerman Campaign!We have been asked for a direct link for a yard sign. As requested, simply hit the CONTACT button in the upper RIGHT corner. In the "Message" field tell us you would like a sign. WALLA.
My name is Don Zimmerman, and I would like your vote on November 8, 2016 for the Austin City Council District 6 election.
I am the only candidate in any Council District whose leadership actually abolished a property tax (in 2010)! I am also the most passionate friend of taxpayers on the council. Why? Because I am a TAXPAYER also!
I moved into District 6 in the Fall of 2000 and was elected to the City Council in 2014. For over a decade, my public campaigns against tax increases have demonstrated that I've been very consistently and publicly working towards tax relief -- not just voicing it for votes in campaign season. Voters are insisting on transparency and real tax relief results from their elected officials.
There are many issues facing District 6 during this election, so that is why I strongly encourage you to contact me directly with questions or concerns to my e-mail via this site, or my cell phone at 512-577-8842!
- I have tenaciously strived to ensure that the agenda of the City Council remains in the hands of the Council, and not in the hands of local bureaucrats. 10-1 was implemented to more accurately represent all taxpayers instead of downtown special interests.
- I am the ONLY candidate responsible for ending a property tax during my tenure as President of my Northwest Austin Municipal Utility District #1. I have been successful at implimenting a Homestead Exemption, but we must attain the maximum exemption allowed by law
- My opponents would like the Council votes to be 11-0, and that is what they will strive for. That is not representing YOU!
If re-elected, I will:
- Continue my past work to reduce our tax burden through maximized homestead exemptions.
- Work fervently to end illegal taxation and fees.
- Prevent wastefull and irrational BOND proposals.
- Propose real traffic engineering fixes for road congestion relief - not social engineering gimmicks.
- Work to curb Austin's bureaucratic morass by reducing staff by 10% and streamline operations.
- Fight to prevent more WASTEFULL EXPLORATORY REVIEWS.
- Derail any Rail Proposals that Austinites DO NOT WANT!
- Fight for residence that do NOT want to be annexed.
- Protect OUR property rights.
- STOP the subsidizing of corporations.
District 6 deserves a PROVEN leader with the courage, competence, and conviction to bring fair and equal treatment for NorthWest suburbs, annexed as "profit centers" to the downtown government. That proven leader is me.
As your 'Taxpayer Friendly' and 'Voice of Reason' candidate, I would like to earn your donation, endorsement, and most importantly, your vote. Your vote is one thing the government cannot take from you, it must be earned. Please click on the link provided to donate, or you can find a link in the tabs to donate, as well.
I am grateful to the voters that took the time to view my website, learn my strategies, and more importantly, believe I will make the changes that are long overdue. Thank you for your vote!